Throughout the month of November, we encourage people to adopt a Senior Pet. At animal shelters and rescue groups across the nation, there are an abundance of healthy senior pets looking for a special home to cherish them for the rest of their lives. Although shaping the life a youngster sounds appealing, giving a second chance to an older companion can be equally rewarding.
Please come into the shelter to see who is available!
Some reasons why an older pet is AWESOME!:
- At the time of adoption, you will know the size of the pet, what his personality is, and what level of care he will need. There will be no surprises down the road!
- Older pets tend to be calmer than younger ones, and this often make them easier to train.
- Grown pets do not require the constant attention and monitoring that a puppy or kitten does.
- Older animals tend to have already learned how to get along with others and join the team, so they can bond with their new family quicker!
- Because many older pets have been housetrained already, they are less rough on the floors, shoes, and furniture that younger animals might still enjoy chewing on from time to time!
- Older pets have the physical and mental capability to pick up on household rules quickly, unlike cute little puppies.
- Older dogs often have less energy than a younger dog, so they will not need to, or want to, run as far and as often as a younger puppy.
- They are beautiful, adorable creatures!